Sunday, September 19, 2010

"Pope Plot" Suspects Released Without Charges in United Kingdom

     It turns out that there wasn't a terror plot against Pope Ben in the United Kingdom after all.  

     Six men arrested by counter-terrorism police investigating a plot to attack the Pope have all been released without charge, Scotland Yard has confirmed. The men, all believed to be of North African origin, were arrested on Friday in London.
     A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "Six men who were arrested under the Terrorism Act 2000... were all released without charge late on Saturday night and early this morning."
     Police searched eight homes in north and east London and two business premises in central London, including a street cleaning depot as part of the investigation.  The Met said the searches of the premises had been completed and had not revealed any weapons or suspicious materials.
Ciao! 
 Image via Sky News